21 - Secure Your Construction Sites
Per Chapter 33, section 3301.2 of the Florida Building Code & Collier County Ordinance 84-37, Section 5 – construction sites must be secured from the effects of severe weather.
Building materials, equipment and other structures (portable toilets, temporary/mobile storage buildings and offices) must be secured from high winds and flooding.
- Materials should not be stored on roofs.
- Materials on the ground should be tied down or protected inside of the building.
- Supplies should not be dropped off unless a responsible party is available to secure the materials on-site.
- Dumpsters should be emptied and secured.
- Construction debris from all sites should be removed.
- Site entry secured to prevent unlawful trespassing.
- Portable restroom facilities (port-a-potty) weighed down (emptied and secured).
Note: Once storm winds are less than 35 mph, contractors are allowed back on their job sites.