31 - Collier County Opens Three Additional Evacuation Shelters
Collier County Opens Three Additional Evacuation Shelters
Collier County Emergency Management announces the opening of three additional general population evacuation shelters. Those locations are:
• Mike Davis Elementary School, 3215 Magnolia Pond Drive, Naples, Florida 34116 (no pets)
• North Naples Middle School, 16165 Learning Lane, Naples, Florida, 34110 (no pets)
• Eden Park Elementary School, 3650 Westclox Street, Immokalee, Florida 34142 (no pets)
General population shelters in Collier County are open at the following locations:
• Cypress Palm Middle School, 4255 18th Ave. NE, Naples, Florida 34120 (pets allowed)
• Gulf Coast High School, 7878 Shark Way, Naples, Florida 34119 (no pets)
• Golden Gate High School, 2925 Titan Way, Naples, Florida 34116 (no pets)
The following shelters are full and not accepting any new evacuees:
• Immokalee High School, 701 Immokalee Drive, Immokalee, Florida 34142 (no pets)
• Immokalee Middle School, 401 N. 9th St., Immokalee, Florida 34142 (pets allowed)
• Oak Ridge Middle School, 14975 Collier Blvd., Naples, Florida 34119 (no pets)
• Lely High School, 1 Lely High School Blvd., Naples, Florida 34113 (no pets)
Collier County announced mandatory evacuations for people living west and south of U.S. 41. These evacuations are in addition to the evacuations the County announced for Goodland, Everglades City and Chokoloskee. Hurricane Irma has the potential to induce dangerous and damaging storm surge in those areas.
Those who plan to use emergency shelters should take any necessary medications, cell phone chargers, toiletries, favorite snacks and anything else needed to be comfortable.
Residents who can are urged to shelter with family or friends in a secure area. Those who do not have a secure place to go are urged to shelter at one of the emergency shelters.