79 - Register for FEMA Individual Assistance
Register For FEMA Individual Assistance
Collier County residents with losses due to Hurricane Irma may now register for disaster assistance from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
Individuals can register online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov or through the FEMA App. Or call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362). The TTY number for those with speech or hearing impairment is 1-800-462-7585. The toll-free telephone numbers will operate from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. seven days a week until further notice.
Applicants must provide the following information to apply:
- Social Security Number;
- Daytime telephone number;
- Current mailing address and address and zip code of the damaged property; and
- Private insurance information, if available.
By registering for federal assistance on www.DisasterAssistance.gov:
- You can look up your address to find out if it is in a disaster area declared for Individual Assistance.
- Check the status of your application and get updates by SMS or email.
- Upload documents to support your application.
NOTE: Residents will receive a FEMA unique registration number that they need to keep as a reference when checking on the status of their claim.