The authority was established by the Board of County Commissioners on November 20, 1979. This five member authority is to assist Health Care Facilities in the acquisition, construction, financing and refinancing of projects. Members must be Collier County residents. Terms are four years.
1. Full Name: Collier County Health Facilities Authority.
2. Public Purpose: To provide capital financing for health care facilities. “Health Care Facilities” are defined under Florida Law as property operated in the private sector, used for the diagnosis, treatment, therapy, rehabilitation, housing, or care of or for the aged, sick, ill, injured, infirm, impaired, disabled or handicapped; or for the prevention, detection and control of disease, including with limitation, hospital, clinic emergency, outpatient, and intermediate care, facilities for the elderly such as nursing homes, assisted living facilities, day care and share-a-home facilities; and related property such as laboratory, research, pharmacy, laundry, health personnel training and lodging; patient, guest and health personnel food service facilities; and offices and office buildings for persons engaged in health care professions or services.
3. Boundaries: Collier County, and in other locations in the State of Florida as may be approved by interlocal agreement approved by Collier County.
4. Services Provided: Issuance of revenue bonds to finance the cost of acquisition, construction, equipping, or rehabilitation of Health Care Facilities.
5. Authorizing statutes and Creation Documents: Chapter 154, Part III, Florida Statutes, authorizes the creation of educational facilities authorities within the State of Florida, and the Board of County Commissioners of Collier County adopted Ordinance 79-95 on November 20, 1979 creating the Authority and authorizing it to act.
Chapter 154, Part III, Florida Statutes
1. Contact Person Information
Donald A. Pickworth, Executive Director/General Counsel
5100 Tamiami Trail North
Naples, FL 34103
2. Governing Body Information
a. Appointing Authority: Board of County Commissioners of Collier County
b. Authority Members:
|District||Name||Current Term Ending Date|
|4||Timothy J. Reidy, Chair||07/28/2021|
|2||Robert H. Chalhoub, Vice Chair||05/15/2021|
|5||Allison K. Harrison, Secretary||02/09/2018|
|4||George Russell Weyer||05/15/2021|
Addresses for all members:
c/o Donald A. Pickworth, Executive Director
5100 Tamiami Trl N Ste 103
Naples, FL 34103
c. Registered Agent: Donald A. Pickworth [address as above]
1. The Authority’s fiscal year is from October 1 to the following September 30.
2. The Authority has no taxing power. Its revenues are derived from bond issuance fees paid by project applicants. The statutory authority for these fees is Chapter 154, Part III, Florida Statutes.
3. Final adopted budget:
The Authority and its members operate under, and are subject to the applicable “Ethics Laws” as provided by the Florida Commission on Ethics. These laws are set forth on the website of the Florida Commission on Ethics.