Current Program Status
At the Regular Meeting of the Board of County Commissioners on February 14, 2017, (Agenda Item 11B), The Board directed staff to:
Immediately, in the current budget year, restart the Conservation Collier land acquisition phase utilizing up to $17m of on hand Conservation Collier Program Reserve funds.
In July, impose a .25 mils property tax for the next year to repay the Conservation Collier Management Trust Fund
In 2018, conduct a referendum to continue to impose the tax.
Approve any necessary budget amendments.
For the remainder of 2017, Conservation Collier staff will be reviewing "A" and "B" category lands from the last Active Acquisition List (Cycle 8 AAL) in addition to any properties that the Board, Commissioners, or Advisory Committee identifies for consideration.
For questions, please contact staff at 239-252-2961.
Property and Preserve Related:
- Conservation Collier Application - For Bargain Sales or Donations Only. For requests to acquire, use the application above.
- Pepper Ranch Hunt Program 2016-17
_____________________________________________________________________________ Miscellaneous Reports
Preserves Open for Public Use
Cocohatchee Creek Preserve (North Naples)
Otter Mound Preserve (Marco Island)
Freedom Park (Near Coastland Center)
Gordon River Greenway (Near coastland Center)
Logan Woods Preserve (North Naples)
- Red Root Preserve (Big Corkscrew Island)
Alligator Flag Preserve - (North Naples)
Pepper Ranch Preserve* (Immokalee)
Caracara Prairie Preserve (Rural Estero)
Panther Walk Preserve (North Golden Gate Estates)
Nancy Payton Preserve (East of Golden Gate City)
Rivers Road Preserve (Off of Immokalee Road east of intersection with CR 951)
* The Pepper Ranch Preserve will be open for public visitation on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays on non-hunt weekends between October and the end of May annually. See the home page for hunt dates. Please contact staff at (239) 252-2961 for directions and additional information.
If you wish to visit any of the other Conservation Collier properties, please contact staff at (239) 252-2961 to discuss arrangements.
Property Reports (a.k.a. Initial Criteria Screening Reports). The Cycle link allows you browse the property reports as developed before the end-of-year ranking meeting. Directly next to each Cycle link below is a link to the Active Acquisition List (AAL) that resulted. B-List properties from the previous cycle were carried forward into the following Cycle unless owners withdrew them.
- First Cycle First Cycle AAL
- Second Cycle Second Cycle AAL
- Third Cycle Third Cycle AAL
- Fourth Cycle Fourth Cycle AAL
- Fifth Cycle Fifth Cycle AAL
- Sixth Cycle Sixth Cycle AAL
- Seventh Cycle. The Seventh Cycle was suspended per direction from the Board of County Commissioners on June 23, 2009. Property evaluation will continue in Cycle Eight, beginning in January 2010.
- Eighth Cycle Eighth Cycle AAL
- Conservation Collier Ordinance 2002-63
- Exceptional Benefits Ordinance 2006-58
- Revised Conservation Collier Ordinance 2007-65
- Amendment to Conservation Collier Ordinance 2011-12
- Preserve Use Ordinance 2011-38
- Role of Land Acquisition Advisory Committee 2014-18
- Conservation Collier Ordinance REvision - Reducing members and quorum requirements - 2015-16
- 2003-195 (Purchase Policy)
- 2003-196 (Target Protection Areas Mailing Strategy)
- 2004-175 (Target Protection Areas Mailing Strategy Second Selection Cycle)
- 2005-162 (Target Protection Areas Mailing Strategy Third Selection Cycle)
- 2006-122 (Target Protection Areas Mailing Strategy Fourth Selection Cycle)
- 2007-*** (Target Protection Areas Mailing Strategy Fifth Selection Cycle)
- 2007-300 (Revised Purchase Policy)
- 2010-213 (Off-site Preserves Donation Acceptance Policy)
- 2011-86 (Adopting a Policy and Fee Schedule to Govern the Operation of the Caracara Prairie Preserve Gopher Tortoise Recipient Site
- 2016-245 (Amended Fee Policy)
Content updated April 5, 2017