|COLLIER COUNTY PET-FRIENDLY
EMERGENCY SHELTER INFORMATION
Collier County Domestic Animal Services, in conjunction with the Collier County Bureau of Emergency Services, is offering a pet-friendly shelter to be located at North Collier Regional Park, 15000 Livingston Road, Naples, FL in the event of a disaster.
**Pre-registration is required**
Registration runs from June 1 through the end of November. Registrations are suspended once a Hurricane Warning has been issued.
Only cats and dogs are accepted at the shelter.
Admission is first-come, first-serve for Collier County residents notified by the Bureau of Emergency Services by an automated phone call that they are eligible to report to the Pet-Friendly Shelter due to a mandatory evacuation order given in their residential area. Notification is determined by impacted zones and housing types (i.e. manufactured housing).
Capacity for the shelter is 75 animals. Only cats and dogs accepted at this time. Pets must re-register each year and you will receive a notice when re-registration begins once you have a registered at least one pet.
The Pet-Friendly Shelter opens as directed by the Bureau of Emergency Services.
Download a list of hotels in Collier County that accept pets or a list of commercial boarding facilities for family planning if you do not choose to register or use the Pet-Friendly Shelter.
We ask that you take your pets with you during evacuation since they are part of your family.
|RULES OF COLLIER COUNTY'S PET-FRIENDLY SHELTER|
• Owner must remain at the North Collier Regional Park human shelter the entire time their pet is at the shelter
• Pre-registration is REQUIRED
• Pre-registration does not guarantee availability
• Owner must provide PROOF OF CURRENT VACCINATIONS AND A CURRENT COUNTY LICENSE AT TIME OF STORM
• Owner is responsible for caring/feeding/sanitation of pet before and after the storm
• Owner is responsible for providing their pet's food/cleaning supplies/water/crate/medication(s). The crate must be large enough for the animal to remain confined in before, during and after the storm; for cats, this must include enough room for a litter box.
• Any animal abandoned at the pet-friendly shelter will be moved to Domestic Animal Services
• Sick or contagious pets will not be accepted at the pet-friendly shelter
• Owner must provide picture identification for admission to the shelter
• Owner agrees to adhere to the rules of the pet-friendly shelter
• Owner must be at least 18 years of age and provide a driver license or photo ID
• Owner is required to sign a sheltering agreement to allow their pet to be handled/cared for/moved as required during the emergency
Click here to register your pet(s) for the Emergency Pet Shelter
(A new window will pop-up. Turn off your pop-up blocker)