The Collier County Pet-Friendly Shelter has not been
activated at this time.
Lee County has opened a Pet-Friendly shelter:
Estero Recreation Center
9200 Corkscrew Palms Blvd.
Estero, FL 33928
Contact one of the commercial boarding facilities below to determine if
space is available or you may click here for a list of veterinary
clinics that may have the ability to board pets.
A Dog's Dream
2430 Shadowlawn Dr. Suite 12
Naples, FL 34113
All Dogs Hair Haven
9577 Tamiami Trl N
Naples, FL 34108
All Pets Grooming and Boarding
100 Rose Blvd
Naples, FL 34119
2021 Pine Ridge Rd
Naples, FL 34109
Camp Bow Wow
3382 Mercantile Ave
Naples, FL 34104
Humane Society Naples-Boarding
651 Bur Oaks Ln
Naples, FL 34119
Love My Dog Resort & Spa
2079 Pine Ridge Rd
Naples, FL 34109
|COLLIER COUNTY PET-FRIENDLY
EMERGENCY SHELTER INFORMATION
Collier County Domestic Animal Services in conjunction with the Collier County Bureau of Emergency Services is offering a pet-friendly shelter to be located at North Collier Regional Park, 15000 Livingston Road, Naples, FL.
**Pre-registration is required**
Registration runs from June 1 through the end of November. Registrations are suspended once a Hurricane Warning has been issued.
Only cats and dogs are accepted at the shelter.
Admission is first-come, first-serve for Collier County residents notified by the Bureau of Emergency Services by an automated phone call that they are eligible to report to the Pet-Friendly Shelter due to a mandatory evacuation order given in their residential area. Notification is determined by impacted zones and housing types (i.e. manufactured housing).
Capacity for the shelter is 75 animals. Only cats and dogs accepted at this time. Pets must re-register each year and you will receive a notice when re-registration begins once you have a registered at least one pet.
The Pet-Friendly Shelter opens as directed by the Bureau of Emergency Services.
Download a list of hotels in Collier County that accept pets for family planning if you do not choose to register or use the Pet-Friendly Shelter.
We ask that you take your pets with you during evacuation since they are part of your family.
|RULES OF COLLIER COUNTY'S PET-FRIENDLY SHELTER|
• Owner must remain at the North Collier Regional Park human shelter the entire time their pet is at the shelter
• Pre-registration is REQUIRED
• Pre-registration does not guarantee availability
• Owner must provide PROOF of CURRENT VACCINATIONS AT TIME OF STORM
• Owner is responsible for caring/feeding/sanitation of pet before and after the storm
• Owner is responsible for providing their pet's food/cleaning supplies/water/crate/medication
• Any animal abandoned at the pet-friendly shelter will be moved to Domestic Animal Services
• Sick or contagious pets will not be accepted at the pet-friendly shelter
• Owner must provide picture identification for admission to the shelter
• Owner agrees to adhere to the rules of the pet-friendly shelter
• Owner must be at least 18 years of age and provide a driver license or photo ID
• Owner is required to sign a sheltering agreement to allow their pet to be handled/cared for/moved as required during the emergency
Click here to register your pet(s) for the Emergency Pet Shelter
(A new window will pop-up. Turn off your pop-up blocker)