GOAL: Provide analytical, chemical, and biological data that is accurate, precise and reliable. Data provided by the Pollution Control & Prevention Laboratory is used for a number of water quality purposes, including evaluation of long-term trends, effectiveness of the County’s groundwater protection program and identification of water quality problems.
MANDATES: Comply with Collier County’s Water Pollution Control Program Ordinance No. 1989-20, the Growth Management Plan’s Conservation and Coastal Management Element, the Natural Groundwater Aquifer Recharge Sub-Element, contracts and agreements.
1. The laboratory analyzes approximately 70,000 test per year.
2. The laboratory coordinates with the City of Naples on two separate projects: Naples Bay Water Quality and Moorings Bay Water Quality. Data generated by the lab is evaluated to identify impacts on Naples Bay and its watershed.
3. The team provides technical assistance to other agencies and county departments that share the mission of protecting Collier County’s environmental resources from pollution (e.g. City of Marco Island, City of Naples, Conservancy of Southwest Florida, Pelican Bay Services, Collier County Coastal Zone Management, Stormwater Planning Department, Collier County Water Department, FL Department of Health in Collier, Collier County Parks and Recreation Department and FL Gulf Coast University.
4. Managing laboratory services in-house provides the County with control over the quality, validity and usability of the data.
5. Laboratory services can be provided immediately and many tests that cannot be outsourced due to holding times can be performed in-house. This allows for the quick delivery of sound, reliable data to the County's decision makers and staff.
6. The NELAC Institute (TNI) accredited environmental laboratory.
For all Lab inquiries, please contact Nosbel Perez at (239) 252-6079 or firstname.lastname@example.org.