On May 24, 2016, Collier County Board of County Commissioners honored our Vietnam veterans on the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War. Click below to view the proclamation.
Click here to learn more about the veterans honored on the banners at Fred W. Coyle Freedom Park
Watch the movie Honor Flight for free at North Collier Regional Park on May 26, 2017. Watch the video below for more information.
The Collier County Veterans Services team has over twenty years of combined experience in assisting veterans filing for disability compensation, non-service-connected pensions, appeals burial benefits, education benefits, health benefits, survivor's benefits and other support. Collier County Veteran Services provides assistance to veterans and their families to access a wide variety of benefits that include:
- Filing claims for service connected disabilities
- Filing for non-service-connected pensions (Aid and Attendance, Housebound)
- Homeless veterans assistance
- Access to VA health care
- Dependency and indemnity compensation and death pension
- Certificates of Eligibility for VA home loans
- Information on Montgomery and Post 9/11 GI Bill education requirements
- Veterans preference
- Survivor's benefits
- Burial benefits
- Dependent's education
- Headstones and markers
- Life insurance information
- Homestead exemptions
- Domiciliary and nursing homes
- Veteran's preference in employment
- Replacing military records
- DD-214, service records, medical records
- Review of discharges
- One-time reissue of decorations
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Readjustment counseling
The transportation coordinator's phone contact is 239-252-4826 (4VAN) for those seeking transportation to VA clinic appointments in Southwest Florida.
Every veteran, dependent and survivor are eligible for a Veteran Services Assessment of their entitlements and benefits. Veteran Services can be contacted at (239) 252-8387 if you would like to find out more about veteran benefits or speak to a Veteran Services Officer.